SSL Certificates The Highest Level Of Trust
Running a website online is complicated enough without all the other frustrations. Bangkok Hosting can help make all the technical and security aspects of your online business disappear. SSL certificates can improve your website's online image and secure trust from your visitors.
SSL Products 3 Types Of SSL Certificates
BEST BUY SSL
What is SSL? Secure Socket Layer
Secure Socket Layer, SSL, is essentially a protocol that provides a secure channel between two machines operating over the Internet. As you may already know the Internet is anything but secure. Virtually all data passed online can be read and exploited.
With SSL your clients can safely pass personal information to your website and know that it is protected and safe. This level of security gains visitors trust.
SSL Certificates Protection Security Trust
A SSL Certificate is a small file that acts like a key to your organization's details. A company who operates a website needs to install the SSL Certificate onto their web server or hosting package to initiate SSL sessions with their visitors' browsers. Don't worry too much about how to do this, Bangkok Hosting sets everything up for you once you purchase a SSL certificate from us.
Once a SSL certificate has been installed, it then becomes possible to connect to your website over https://www.yourdomain.com. This tells the server to establish a secure connection with your client's browser. Once a secure connection is established all information passed between the website and the web browser will be safe and secure.
Highest Level Of Trust GlobalSign SSL Certificates
It has indeed been proven that websites that offer SSL certificate protection get more business than websites that do not offer SSL security. How much more you dare ask? Astronomically more. Visitor's trust is everything when it comes down to makeing a purchase. Bangkok Hosting offers SSL certificates from Global Sign, a company that has been securing internet transaction for over 10 years now. This has earned them the Highest Level Of Trust!
Why Do I Need A SSL Certificate?
• To secure credit card transactions online and increase your customers' trust in your site.
• To secure online system logins, sensitive information transmitted via web forms, or protected areas of websites.
• To secure your webmail and applications like Outlook Web Access, Exchange, and Office Communications Server and protect it from compromise.
• To secure workflow and virtualization applications like Citrix Delivery Platforms or cloud based computing platforms.
• To secure the connection between an email client such as Microsoft Outlook and an email server such as Microsoft Exchange.
• To secure an extranet. Example: Your business partners login to private or personal information.
• To secure an intranet. Example: You have multiple offices that share confidential information, only personnel and internal team can access intranet.
• To secure the transfer of files over https and FTP(s) services such as website owners updating new pages to their website or transferring large files.
• To secure hosting control panels logins and activity like Parallels, CPanel, and others.
• To secure intranet based traffic such as internal networks, file sharing, entrants, database connections.
• To secure network logins and other network traffic with SSL VPN's such as VPN Access Servers or applications like the Citrix Access Gateway.
• To comply with privacy and security requirements.
Are There Any Other Costs Associated With SSL Certificates?
YES! All SSL certificates require an Unique IP address. If your website is currently hosted by Bangkok Hosting we can provide you with an unique IP address for an additional 3,800 Thai Baht per year (+ 7% VAT).
If you are hosted with someone else, you should inquire if you can get an unique IP from them.
There are no other surprises.
» The data being transmitted over the Internet or network needs confidentiality, in other words, people do not want their credit card number, account login, passwords or personal information to be exposed over the Internet.
» The data needs to remain integral, which means that once credit card details and the amount to be charged to the credit card have been sent, a hacker sitting in the middle cannot change the amount to be charged and where the funds should go.
» Your organization needs to assure your customers / extranet users that you are who you really say you are and not someone masquerading as you.
» Your organization needs to comply to regional, national or International regulations on data privacy, security and integrity.
* Prices quoted do not include required 7% VAT